2. Why expect an evil person to hold a good opinion of others, when the best he can do is to think that others are like him.
3. Time wasted in youth must be made up in later years, if what you seek is a solicitous end.
4. Remain silent about favors done by you, yet proclaim the favors others do for you.
5. Self satisfaction is a sure sign of lacking intellect.
6. The one to whom small afflictions seem large, will certainly be afflicted by truly large calamities.
7. He whose thoughts are vile and low can have nothing but the worst opinion of others.
8. Thankfulness to the Creator in the form of service to His creation is the ultimate expression of gratitude.
9. The one who acts as if death will come tomorrow feels no sorrow when it finally comes.
10. The excellence of knowledge lies in its practice; and the excellence of kindness to others lies in mentioning it not. [Ali radi Allah anhu]