Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Pearls of Wisdom 376
2. It is natural for us to die, as it is for us to be born. It is only the passing of another milestone on our journey.
3. Harness your chariot with truth and honesty, and the devil will come a very bad second in the race.
4. You have no more right to use abusive or insolent words to a person than you have to smack him across the face.
5. Brave men do not hesitate to recognize bravery in others, even though they may be or may have been antagonists in the field.
6. A great lie is like a great fish on dry land: it may fret and fling and make a frightful bother, but it cannot hurt you. You have only to keep still, and it will die of itself.
7. Those who most distrust others are generally those who know that others have good reason to distrust them.
8. The quarrelsome person is always the one who professes to be the easiest individual in the world to get on with.
9. Some people preach more religion in one hour than they practice during the whole of their life.
10. Meanness is the evidence of a defect of intellect as well as of heart. Even the cleverness of greed and avarice is but the extreme cunning of imbecility.
[Shaykh Abdullah Quilliam]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:18 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment