Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Pearls of Wisdom 365
2. Anyone divested from the world finds his divestment in proportion to his knowledge, his knowledge in proportion to his intellect, and his intellect in proportion to the strength of his faith.
3. Knowledge bequeaths fear, divestment from the world bequeaths comfort, and gnosis bequeaths self criticism.
4. The basis of obedience is impeccability. The basis of impeccability is God-consciousness. The basis of God-consciousness is [balancing between] fear and hope, and the basis of those two is the knowledge of the promise and threat.
5. Good character is bearing abuse, rarely becoming angry, a pleasant face, and sweet speech.
6. Everything has an essence. The essence of human being is his intellect, and the essence of his intellect is patience.
7. The oppressor is remorseful even if people praise him. The oppressed is safe even if people condemn him.
8. The content person is wealthy even if he is hungry. And the covetous is impoverished even if he owns [plenty].
9. One who does not thank God for a blessing has called for its eradication.
10. The best person is one who does not allow his Hereafter to preoccupy him from his worldly affair, nor does he allow his worldly affair to preoccupy him from his Hereafter. [Imam Harith al Muhasibi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment