Friday, April 04, 2014
Pearls of Wisdom 350
2. Know that it is by ilm (knowledge) that one must speak, and that it is with hilm (forbearance) that one must remain silent.
3. Imaan is that one recognizes the One True God in the depths of his heart, and that he confirms it with his tongue, and that he acts upon the Divine Prescriptions of Shariah.
4. Covetousness is itself poverty regardless of how rich one is; detachment is itself wealth regardless of how poor one is; not wanting vengeance is itself patience regardless if one was wronged or not.
5. Doing good for a good done to one is simply repayment, whereas doing good for an evil done to one is a tremendous virtue.
6. Decrease in one's speech brings wisdom, decrease in one's food brings health, decrease in one's sleep brings worship, and decrease in one's meeting with the common folk brings aafia (safety). [Omar radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:46 PM