Friday, December 13, 2013
Pearls of Wisdom 343
2. The human is mixed, a blend of good and evil, so if the good predominates he is connected to the angels, and if the evil predominates he is linked to the devils.
3. Destiny (Qadar) smiles at those who are content with the divine judgment. It takes them by the hand and leads them to the King.
4. You must observe your duty (taqwa) to Allah and practice obedience to Him. Fear no one and pin your hopes on no one. Entrust all your needs to Allah, and look to Him to supply them.
5. Surrender yourselves before God in the manner of the devout saints; then God will hold you just as dearly as He did the devout who went before you. Therefore follow His command and bear every affliction with patience. Adhere consciously for this was the path chosen by the sages, the path that will lead you to the ultimate freedom.
6. Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins. Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Every day that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection. Thus your present despair may be the beginning of an infinite blessing.
7. If you are destined for good fortune you will be blessed; if afflictions have been ordained, no matter where you abide they will seek you out. Submit therefore before the will of God; be grateful in well-being and endure adversity with fortitude that His light may radiate within your being.
8. Do not be confused with ignorance; turn toward and not away from Allah. Have faith in Him and refrain from transgression. For it is Allah and no other creature who can grant or take away life. He is the Infinite and will always reign Supreme. He bestows prosperity, and decrees poverty. Fear Him alone and none other; adhere to Him that you may prevail. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jillani]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:13 AM