Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Pearls of Wisdom 329
1. Surrender yourselves before God in the manner of the devout saints; then God will hold you just as dearly as He did the devout who went before you. Therefore follow His commandments and bear every affliction with patience. Adhere consciously for this was the path chosen by the sages, the path that will lead you to the ultimate freedom.
2. Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins. Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Every day that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection. Thus your present despair may be the beginning of an infinite blessing.
3. If you are destined for good fortune you will be blessed; if afflictions have been ordained, no matter where you hide they will seek you out. Submit therefore before the will of God; be grateful in well-being and endure adversity with fortitude that His light may radiate within your being.
4. Do not be confused by ignorance; turn toward and not away from Allah. Have faith in Him and refrain from transgression. For it is Allah and no other creature who can grant or take away life. He is the Infinite and will always reign Supreme. He bestows prosperity, and decrees poverty. Fear Him alone and none other; adhere to Him that you may prevail.
5. Give up deception and take heed. You say you fear Allah; in truth you fear His creatures. Fear neither jinn, nor humans, nor angels. Fear not the beast, nor the scourge of this world, or the hereafter. Fear only the Creator, the Sovereign who created all. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:52 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment