Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, April 12, 2013
Broken hearts -- an opportunity for soul searching....
1. We need to realize that we are created only for Allah Most High. To have our hearts broken is a reminder that it is Allah Alone Who should be our objective in life.
2. Broken hearts is a test of our taqwa (God consciousness) to Allah Most High. Unless we are tested, we will not know if we truly and genuinely dedicate ourselves to Allah Most High, and if we are accepting His Qada and Qadr (divine decree).
3. Broken hearts bring depth and dimension to our Imaan (faith) and Taqwa, unless our hearts are broken, we won't understand genuinely what it is to have Imaan and Taqwa and Ikhlaas (sincerity).
4. Broken hearts tell us about our own character traits. It may be highly possible that we ourselves do not have good adab (etiquettes), and akhlaq (good character traits) towards others, such that our own flawed character traits make them flee from us and create the painful situation in our lives.
5. Broken hearts give us an opportunity to look honestly deep inside ourselves and realize our own bad adab and bad akhlaq and transform them into good adab and good akhlaq -- it is neither too early nor too late to fix ourselves.
6. Once we realize our own short comings what we need to do first and foremost is to make frequent dua to Allah Most High to mend our broken hearts and to help us fix our own selves -- "O Allah now that I realize I need to fix myself please help me to become a better person -- O Allah with Your help nothing is difficult, and without Your help nothing is easy".
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
JazakAllahul khair for such a beautiful reminder. Sometimes one needs to read it or hear from someone else to be able to the steps necessary for change. May Allah swt reward you for your efforts.
Post a Comment