Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Pearls of wisdom 334
take a staff in your hand.
If you have no staff of insight,
do not walk without a guide.
2. Happy the man who freed himself from his "self"
and united himself with the Infinite.
3. When you sought refuge in the Qur'an of God,
you mingled yourself with the essence of the prophets.
The Qur'an is a narrative of the states of the prophets who
glory in the blessed ocean of His majesty.
4. God calls Himself "Baseer" (Observant), so that the
knowledge that He is watching you may keep you
5. When temptation claims your reason,
know that misfortune is about to strike.
Fall down prostrate and begin to pray.
With flowing tears implore the Lord
that He may deliver you from the throes of doubt.
6. Sever the chains of the ego. Set yourself free
and witness the bright essence of your inner being.
Discover within your heart the wisdom of a Prophet
without books, without teachers, and without prudence. [Mawlana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love this completely.
Post a Comment