Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Pearls of wisdom 333
2. As he beheld the light of God he felt protected and was delivered from the throes of doubt.
3. Abstinence is better than seeking a remedy.
Scratching the abrasion only makes it worse.
Fasting is the foremost principle of medicine.
Fast, and behold the strength of the spirit.
4. If you wish to shine like the daylight, burn up the night of self-importance.
Dissolve the self like copper in the elixir; dissolve in Him who fosters all existence.
But you are bound by the discord of "I" and "We". The cause of your ruin is this sad dualism.
5. Be in the world or the space He is with you.
He chastises to make the impure pure.
6. Neglect devotion and be bound by fetters of pain and doubt.
Seek freedom, the remedy of all pain.
Seek the roots from which sprout leaves and fruit.
Water the roots and grow to perfection.
And when the fruit blossoms, give it to your friends. [Mawlana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment