Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Pearls of wisdom 327
2. When He gives you obedience, making you unaware of it because of Him, then know that He has showered you liberally with His graces both inwardly and outwardly.
3. The best that you can seek from Him is that which He seeks from you.
4. Hope (raja) goes hand in had with deeds, otherwise it is a wish.
5. Sometimes He gives while depriving you, and sometimes He deprives you in giving.
6. If you want a glory that does not vanish, then do not glory in glory that vanishes.
7. The real journey is when the world's dimension is rolled away from you so that you see the Hereafter closer to you than yourself.
8. Suffice it as a recompense for the doers of good that He judged you worthy of obedience.
9. It suffices as a reward for the doers of good that He has inspired obedience to Him in their hearts and brought upon them the existence of His reciprocal intimacy.
10. He made the Hereafter an abode to reward his believing servants only because this world cannot contain what He wishes to bestow upon them and because He deemed their worth too high to reward them in a world without permanence. [Above quotes by Ibn Ata Allah Iskandari]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment