Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 324
2. No search pursued with the help of your Lord remains at a standstill, but any search pursued by yourself will not be fruitful.
3. Among the signs of success at the end is, the turning to God at the beginning.
4. He who is illumined at the beginning is illumined at the end.
5. Appeal to no one but Him to relieve you of a pressing need that He Himself has brought upon you.
6. Travel not from creature to creature, otherwise you will be like a donkey at the mill. Rather go from creatures to the Creator.
7. Do not keep company with anyone whose state does not inspire you and whose speech does not lead you to God.
8. You might be in a bad state: then, your associating with one who is in worse state makes you see virtue in yourself.
9. No deed arising from a renouncing heart is small, and no deed arising from an avaricious heart is fruitful.
10. Good works are the results of good states. Good states arise from the stations wherein those having spiritual realization abide. [Above quotes by Ibn Ataillah Iskandari]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment