1. The things that bring a servant close to Allah Most High are -- pious caution, contentment, submission, and absolute trust.
2. The servant should behave correctly when misfortune befalls him -- he should examine his sinfulness in omitting commandments, committing things forbidden, outwardly and inwardly, and disputing with destiny.
3. Ask Allah for contentment, because it is the major gateway of Allah, and the reason for Allah's love for His believing servant.
4. All acts of worshipful service are a blessing from Allah and a favor from Him to His servant, for it is Him who helps him/her to perform them and enables him/her to accomplish them.
5. Have mercy on your own self and do it no wrong -- do not cast it into the darkness of your ignorance and folly.
6. The believer is a thorough investigator -- he will pause when presented with any opportunity to partake of whatever may open up for him.
7. Notice Him who notices you, attend to Him who attends to you.
8. Love Him who loves you, answer Him who summons you.
9. Give your hand to Him who holds you tight from falling, who brings you out of the darkness of you ignorance.
10. Give your hand to Him who saves you from destruction, washes away all your dirt, cleans up all your filth, and releases you from your devils and your ignorant friends. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
Post a Comment