1. Try to gladden the hearts of believers in every possible way, as long as these ways are not sinful.
2. A man of bad character punishes his own soul.
3. The straight path is the shortest distance between the two points.
4. To advice others is an easy matter, the difficulty is accepting advice, since it is bitter for those who follow their own inclinations and desires.
5. If men wish to draw near to God, they must seek Him in the hearts of the men. They should speak well of all men, whether present or absent.
6. Know that you should reflect on God's complete awareness of you, and His seeing and knowing all about you.
7. Islam will prevent us from sins, or sins will prevent us from Islam.
8. The spiritual warrior is the one who breaks an idol, and the idol of each person is his ego.
9. The lower self is greedy, teach it to be content.
10. Do not fix hopes on your health, and do not laugh away life. Remember how they walked and now their joints lie separately and the tongue with which they talked is eaten away by the worms.