Sunday, June 28, 2020
Pearls of Wisdom 437
2. Knowledge and wisdom exist to distinguish the right from the wrong; if everything were the right way, then wisdom would be useless.
3. Look at this: In spite of all the world's bitterness, you are passionately attached to it. Know that bitter tribulation is a mercy!
4. The cruelty of time and of every suffering that exists is easier than distance from God and heedlessness. For cruelty will pass, but distance from Him will not, no one possesses good fortune but he who takes to Him an aware spirit.
5. Religion cannot exist without unbelief, since religion is the abandonment of unbelief; therefore an unbelief must exist for us to abandon.
6. If man can pass beyond his own ego, his spirit can join its original state of purity and unity.
7. Those who are the elect of Adam's children breathe the breath of 'We have wronged ourselves.' Display your need for God -- do not argue like the impudent and accursed Iblis.
8. Hell is a dragon with seven heads; your greed is the bait, and hell is the snare.
9. Each and every part of the world is a snare for the fool and a means of deliverance for the wise. For one person it is candy, for another poison; for one it is gentleness, for another severity.
10. If we do not achieve the state of 'seeing things as they are' in this world, we will certainly achieve it in the next. However, that may well be too late for us to reap any benefit from it.
[Spiritual Teachings of Mawlana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:47 PM