Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, March 29, 2020
Pearls of Wisdom 434
sins. [Rabia Basri]
2. Even after burying your own parents you take no lesson; knowing that death is
inevitable, you choose to remain heedless of it. [Ibrahim al Adham]
3. He who desires honor in this world should not make his needs known to anyone
in creation, nor should he seek out the faults of any other. [Bishr Al Hafi]
4. The wealthiest person is the one who has abundance of taqwa (God consciousness).
5. Satan does not bother to misguide the one who runs after the world for he is already
misguided. [Mohammad Waa'se]
6. Those who Allah loves are granted three things -- the overflowing generosity of
the river, the illumination of the sun, and the humbleness of the earth.
[Bayazeed al Bustami]
7.He who truly fears his Lord has freed his tongue of vain talk. [Fudhail ibn Iyaadh]
8. He whose heart is in the awe of his Lord, everything in creation is in awe of him.
[Fudhail ibn Iyaadh]
9. The one who remains fearful of Allah is never touched by the worries of the world.
[Sufyan al Thawri]
10. One's wordly abstinence is commensurate with one's longing for the world to come.
[Fudhail bin Iyaadh]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment