Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
What we can learn from a donkey....
Then, to everyone’s amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
MORAL: Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up. Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred – Forgive.
2. Free your mind from worries – Most never happens.
3. Live simply and appreciate what you have - Avoid "Israf" (extravagance, waste).
4. Give more - Charity purifies the soul.
5. Expect less from people but more from yourself - Practice "Ihsan" (perfect goodness).
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
جزاك الله خيرا
Post a Comment