Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, October 10, 2016
Pearls of Wisdom 399
2. We shouldn't just do what we feel like doing; instead do what the Lord
asks of us.
3. Who is wealthy? He who is content with what he has.
4. The fear of God may indeed be the beginning of wisdom and the corner
stone of proper living.
5. When we have learned how to live, life itself is a reward.
6. It is only when we are no longer afraid to die that we can say that we are
7. It is a sign of maturity when we stop asking -- what does life have in store
for me? And start asking -- what am I doing with my life?
8. There is no way to prevent dying. But the cure for the fear of death is to
make sure that we have lived according to the commandments of the Lord
9. Having an impact on another person, shaping his or her life in some small
but vital way, is one of the most enduring satisfactions we will know.
10. Life, if you will, is a work of art, and if we paid loving attention to its details,
we will be able to take pride in the finished product.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment