Monday, March 07, 2016
Pearls of Wisdom 389
2. It is the virtuous and the seeker of virtue who finds the company of virtuous.
3. Contentment is a treasure of good living and ease in life, while greed is a mine of loss and abasement.
4. We must, like a painter, take time to stand back from our work, to be still, and thus see what's what -- true repose is standing back to survey the activities that fill our days.
5. Silence is one great art of conversation. According to the rule, "a fool should be answered with silence".
6. Every thing in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
7. If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.
8. We "meet" God when we pray, when we are helpful and kind, when we overcome nasty habits, addictions, and pettiness in our lives.
9. Each time we choose to help others, our soul grows and flourishes.
10. Each day we are faced with opportunities to help others, to forgive them, to have compassion for them, to be tolerant of them. Do we seize these opportunities, or do we let them slip by?
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:44 AM