with everything one hears is the breeding ground of enmity.
2. The sign that Allah is pleased with His servant is that His servant is pleased with His decree.
3. For those of spiritual insight, everything they lay eyes upon have within it a lofty message and a gentle reminder.
4. Slay your lowly desires with the sword of knowledge (ilm), and your anger with the sword of forbearance (hilm).
5. Go not near places of wickedness and indecency, for they are the epicenters of Allah's wrath and punishment.
6. The worst sin committed by one -- is the one not deemed so when it is done.
7. The best of the words is that which is confirmed with the best of actions.
8. When a man's character becomes goodly, his words become lofty.
9. What a tremendous gift has been given to the one who finds acts of disobedience difficult.
10. Perfecting one's intellect causes one to speak less, and those words spoken will be adorned with wisdom. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
Post a Comment