Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Pearls of Wisdom 356
2. Even after burying your own parents you take no lesson; knowing that death is inevitable, you choose to remain heedless of it. [Ibrahim al Adham]
3. He who desires honor in this world should not make his needs known to anyone in creation, nor should he seek out the faults of any other. [Bishr Al Hafi
4. The wealthiest person is the one who has abundance of taqwa .
5. Satan does not bother to misguide the one who runs after the world for he is already misguided. [Mohammad Waa'se]
6. Those who Allah loves are granted three things -- the overflowing generosity of the river, the illumination of the sun, and the humbleness of the earth. [Bayazeed al Bustami]
7.He who truly fears his Lord has freed his tongue of vain talk. [Fudhail ibn Iyaadh]
8. He whose heart is in the awe of his Lord, everything in creation is in awe of him. [Fudhail ibn Iyaadh]
9. The one who remains fearful of Allah is never touched by the worries of the world. [Sufyan al Thawri]
10. One's wordly abstinence is commensurate with one's longing for the world to come. [Fudhail bin Iyaadh]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment