Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Pearls of Wisdom 353
2. The extent to which one understands the nature of dunya (this world) is measured through the degree of his detachment from it.
3. A slip of tongue is more hazardous than a slip of the foot.
4. If you are bent on committing that sin, then seek out that place which is bent on keeping God out of it.
5. To deem that God is with one every moment is the greatest expression of faith.
6. The scandal monger harms three people with his tongue -- himself, his listener, and his target.
7. The surest way of achieving heaven on earth is contentment with His decree.
8. Indeed the sword may wound the body, but it is foul speech which wounds the soul.
9. Steeped in error is he who can find time to seek out the faults of others.
10. A Muslims humiliation comes from his heedlessness of his religion, not in his lack of wealth or stature. [Othman radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:49 AM