Friday, March 07, 2014
Pearls of Wisdom 348
2. Showing patience in adversity is difficult, but safeguarding the fruits of patience is even more so.
3. The changing of the times is always strange, but being heedless throughout them is even more so.
4. The unfolding of your affairs is always imminent, but the arrival of death is even more so.
5. Shyness and modesty of men is an excellent virtue, but the shyness and modesty of women is even more so.
6. Repentance of an old man is a wonderful thing, but that of the youth is even more so.
7. The generosity of a prince is an excellent affair, but that of a peasant is even more so.
8. The sin of a youth is a grave thing indeed, but that committed by an old man is even more so.
9. The fools indulgence in petty worldliness is an evil thing, but the indulgence of the learned is even more so.
10. Laziness of the common folk in worshiping their Lord is a grave matter, but laziness of teachers and students of Sacred knowledge is even more so.
11. The arrogance of wealthy is something to be detested, but that shown by the poor is even more so. [Abu Bakr Siddiq radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:27 AM