Wednesday, February 13, 2013
A freindly reminder....
7 key ingredients to finding peace, contentment, and barakah in our lives:
1. Being punctual with all 5 payers -- it is the first thing we will be questioned about on the day of judgment.
2. Reciting a portion (quarter juz to a juz) every day with understanding and implementing its commands and prohibitions in our lives.
3. Always being grateful -- no matter what the circumstance is.
4. Being mindful of the needy and the poor, visiting the sick.
5. Realizing our sins, repenting for them and making a conscientious effort not to repeat them.
6. Always treating parents and relatives with respect and being tolerant towards them.
7. Reciting Surah Yasin in the morning and Surah Waqiyah in the evening.
"The deeds most beloved to Allah Most High are those done regularly, even if they are small " [Bukhari]
Purity does not lie in rituals, nor can human nature be changed by effort. Those who love God and remain conscious only of their Beloved attain purity. [Al Hujwiri]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:08 AM