Tuesday, November 06, 2012
The Five Questions....
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "The two feet of the son of Adam will not move from near his Lord on the Day of Judgement until he is asked about five (matters) concerning his life - how he spent it; about his youth - how he took care of it; about his wealth - how he earned it; and where he spent it and about that which he acted upon from the knowledge he acquired." [Tirmidhi]
There is no escape from being questioned about:
1. Our life - how we spent it. Was it in righteousness and piety or in sin and transgression?
2. Our youth - how we spent it. Was it in acts of obedience or acts of sin?
3. Our wealth - how we acquired it. Was it halaal means or haraam?
4. Our wealth - how we spent it. Did we give others their rights in it - our relatives, the needy, the orphans, the mujahideen... or did you squander it on ourself alone?
5. Our knowledge - how we acted upon it. How much of our knowledge of Allah’s Deen did we put into practice? Did we study Islam to live by its teachings or did we acquire knowledge of the Quran and hadith to appear knowledgeable with it or gather wealth through it?
These things we seldom think about or question ourselves over. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) has promised us our rizq, but not promised us forgiveness. Yet we fret over the acquisition of wealth but not over acquiring Allah’s forgiveness. Doomed is the person who does not question himself, but waits to be questioned!
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:30 AM