Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, July 05, 2012
Allah is Generous, loves generosity....
Sadaqa -- Proof of Imaan, Key to Allah's pleasure, His forgiveness, barakah in sustenance, well-being, and every single good in this life and the Hereafter.
1. O believers, give of what We have provided for you, before there comes a day in which there is no barter, and no friendship, and no intercession. The scoffers are the wrongdoers. (2: 254)
2. Those who give of their wealth in the way of God are like grain that sprouts seven ears with a hundred kernels in each ear. And God may choose to multiply what anyone has, at will. And God is all-embracing, all-knowing. (2: 261)
3. Those who spend their wealth in the way of God and then do not follow what is spent with reproach or with abuse have their reward with their Lord; they will not suffer fear, nor will they grieve. (2: 262)
4. If you reveal acts of charity, they are excellent in themselves, but if you conceal them and get them to the needy, that is better for you. It will expiate some of your evils, And God is aware of what you do. (2: 271)
5. Those who give of their wealth night and day, secretly and openly, have their reward with their Lord; no fear will be on them, and they will not sorrow. (2: 274)
6. God deprives usury of blessing, and grants increase for charities. And God does not love any ungrateful sinners. (2: 276)
7. And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord, and to a garden broad as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the conscientious -- those who spend in good times and bad, and those who restrain their anger, and those who forgive people; and God loves those who do good. (3: 133, 134)
8. And whatever you spend on the cause of God will be repaid to you, and you will not be wronged. (8: 60)
9. And give what We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says, "My Lord, why didn't You let me stay awhile -- I would have given charity, and would have been among the righteous." (63:10)
1. The Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "The most rewarding charity is that you give when you are healthy and miserly, fearing poverty and hoping for riches." [al-Bukhari]
2. "Charity does not decrease the wealth. No one forgives, but Allah will increase him in honor, and no one humbles himself for the sake of Allah but Allah raises him in status." [Muslim]
3. Allah Most High says: "Spend, O son of Adam, so I will spend on you." [Hadith Qudsi/Bukhari]
4. "Beware of stinginess, for stinginess destroyed those who came before you." [Muslim]
5. "Indeed charity extinguishes the wrath of the Lord and it protects against the evil death." [al-Tirmidhi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Jazakum Allahu khair for your unmatched contribution and guidance towards understanding the beautiful deen Islaam.
I am unable to match the translation for the reference provided with Surat al-Baqara ayah 10. Perhaps it was a typo. Awaiting the correct reference.
JazakAllah khair Saleha,
yes it was a mistake, and I have fixed it.
:) Alhamdulillah..Jazakum Allahu khair
MashaAllah...Jazzak Allah , may Allah always bless you and protect you for this Holy task you are doing
MashaAllah...Jazzak Allah , may Allah always bless you and protect you for this Holy task you are doing here. And give us strength to follow His path
Post a Comment