Friday, June 01, 2012
1. When the inward is good the outward is also inevitably so, for the outward follows the inward, whether for good or evil.
2. Prove the sincerity of your respect for the Qur'an by putting its teachings into practice, not by arguing about it.
3. You must fill your time with worship so that no period of time elapses whether by night or by day, without being used in some act of goodness.
4. Good character consists in three traits: avoiding that which is forbidden, seeking that which is permitted, and being generous.
5. Whoever busies himself with that which does not concern him, then he misses out on much of that which does concern him.
6. If we spend our time paying attention to the wisdom of our heart rather than the wisdom of our head, we will benefit greatly.
7. Love is always the answer to every question and problem. We are here to love and be loved and learn a few things in the process.
8. To begin anew, we must say good-bye to who we once were.
9. Have the courage to begin the new life that each day brings you. No matter what changes and losses you have experience, step back and see where you need to begin.
10. How do we find joy in our lives? Too often it comes at a significant price. You learn that you are mortal and suddenly what used to seem important isn't. Things that used to bother you don't anymore. What then becomes significant are the people who you love and who love you.
Fear oppression, because oppression will be intense darkness on the Day of Resurrection. [al Hadith]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:45 PM