Friday, September 23, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 316
2. Eternal life is gained by spiritual sacrifice and by renunciation of self-interest in fulfilling God's commandments.
3. Mortification stands in the same relation to contemplation as Divine blessing to obedience.
4. There is no contemplation without mortification.
5. When you have obtained the knowledge of the lower soul, you recognize that it can be controlled by discipline.
6. When a person resigns himself to God, God protects him.
7. God has caused the prophetic evidences to remain down to the present day and has made the saints the means whereby it is manifested.
8. God is not finite that the imagination should be able to define Him or that the intellect should comprehend His nature.
9. The true object of pilgrimage is not to visit the kaaba, but to obtain contemplation in God. [Above quotes by Shaykh Ali ibn Uthman Hujwiri]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:18 AM