Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 315
2. Ordinary people seek indulgences to keep themselves within the pale of the sacred law, but the elect practice self-mortification to feel the fruit thereof in their hearts.
3. God preserves His saints in all circumstances from the guiles of Satan.
4. Learning is not learning unless it is practiced.
5. The heart is the seat of the knowledge of God and is more venerable than the Kaaba.
6. Men are ever looking to the Kaaba, but God is ever looking to the heart.
7. The friends of God behold in every gift and benefit the Giver and the Benefactor.
8. When you are reconciled to God in affliction, you see only the Author of affliction, and the affliction itself does not come.
9. If you are not reconciled to God when affliction comes, your heart is filled with anguish.
10. When a man sees God's choice and abandons his own choice, he is delivered from all sorrow. [Above quotes by Shaykh Ali ibn Uthman Hujwiri]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I loved Pearl #5 and $6, quite deep and insightful ma'sha'allah.
Um Sis, I think there might be a typo in #9 - I am assuming it should be " your heart is filled WITH anguish."
Forgive me if I'm mistaken.
Jazak'Allahu Khairan for these Pearls. Tweeted 5 and 6 out separately, with reference of course! :-)
Pearls #8, #9 & #10 were particularly applicable to me. It's the reminder that I needed a while back and still do from time to time.
Jazak'Allah Khairun for all you efforts.
Post a Comment