1. The sign of hope is goodly obedience to God Most High.
2. Insight is granted to the one who lowers his gaze from illicit things.
3. Insight is granted to the one who restrains his soul from passionate longings.
4. Insight is granted to the one who cultivates his inner being with constant vigilant awareness.
5. Insight is granted to the one who lives in conformity to the Sunna.
6. Insight is granted to the one who accustoms himself to eating only the licit.
7. As long as they do not see their merit, the possessors of merit are virtuous.
8. Patience has three signs: not to complain, surrender to His will, and acceptance of Divine decree. [Above quotes by Shaykh Shuja Kirmani]
As salaamu alaikum Sr. Iffath - Wow, love the new look of the blog!
I've been following along of course, via the e-mails.
I have to admit, so many of the lessons seem as if they are speaking directly to me and the reason I wanted to comment on today's lesson, is that again, it was just so.
I felt as if the first lines from this lesson are directly at me - both this and a recent article on Imam Suhaib Webb's site really spoke to me - so Jazak'Allahu Khairan as always.
Just to mention, I am 3 exams away from graduating from medical school. Insha'allah, it will be over in September, an additional happy note, my mother is arriving here (Prague) from the US tomorrow afternoon!
Hope you and loved ones are well/in good health.
Post a Comment