Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....164
2. When a person conforms himself to the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), God illumines his heart with the light of His intimate knowledge. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
3. Prove the sincerity of your respect for the Qur'an by putting its teachings into practice, not by arguing about it. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
4. Taqwa is the foundation of all that is good, it is a source of wordly benefit, a source of wisdom and all kinds of knowledge, of purity of heart and of many secrets. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
5. Do not dispute anyone in any matter as far as possible. For in argumentation lies much harm and its evil is greater than its benefit. [Imam al Ghazali]
6. The religious traits of character cannot take firm root in the soul until it has grown accustomed to every good habit and renounced every evil one. [Imam al Ghazali]
7. Invocations are a barrier between the slave and the hellfire, if the remembrance is contineous and permanent then the barrier is good and solid, if not, it is fragile and torn. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
8. Until you annihilate your selfish lower self of desires and lusts through strict and sincere striving, your heart will never become illumined with the light of knowledge. [Imam al Ghazali]
9. The outward appearance of an angry person is ugly enough, yet his inner appearance is even uglier. [Abdul Khaliq al Shabrawi]
10. Try to gladden the hearts of believers in every possible way, as long as these ways are not sinful. [Imam al Haddad]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good quotes. Thank you.
Post a Comment