Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Facts about Anger....
"The strong is not the one who is physically powerful, but indeed, the one who controls himself when angry." [Bukhari]
1. He who angers you controls you.
2. If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size.
3. Anger is a momentary madness, it is only one letter short of danger.
4. Anger begins with folly, and ends with regret -- how much more grievous are the consequences of
anger than the causes of it.
5. Consider how much more you suffer from your anger and grief, than from those things for which
you are angry and grieved.
6. Speak when you are angry -- and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
7. For every minute you remain angry you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
8. No man can think when his fists are clenched.
9. Anger is a killing thing -- it kills the angry man, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before it,
it takes something from him.
10. Holding to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing at someone else -- imagine what
it will do to the person's hand who is holding it.
11. Whenever you are angry, be assured that it is not only a present evil, but that you have increased a habit.
12. Anger blows out the lamp of mind -- thus an angry man is again angry with himself when he returns to reason.
13. When a man is wrong and won't admit it, he always gets angry.
14. Anger and intolerance are the twin enemies of correct understanding.
15. Anyone can become angry -- that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the
right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way -- is something we all need to practice.
16. The best remedy for anger is delay.
Also repeating after ever salah seven times"Ya Subbooh, Ya Quddoos, Ya Ghafoor, Ya Wadood", will help us
control our anger, inshaAllah.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment