Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, April 06, 2015
Pearls of Wisdom 373
2. Indeed the sword may wound the body, but it is foul speech which wounds the soul.
3. Steeped in error who can find time to seek out faults in others.
4. A believer's humiliation comes from his heedlessness of his religion, not in his lack of wealth or stature.
5. When the poor and needy come to you, then know that it is a gift from your Lord.
6. Sins have a tendency of creating restlessness in one's heart in one form or the other.
7. Ingratitude -- Spending of Allah's bounties in ways which are inappropriate and unbefitting.
8. Generosity is the fruit of wealth; Practice is the fruit of knowledge; Allah's pleasure is the fruit of sincerity.
9. The one who does not observe the rights of people cannot possibly observe the rights of God.
10. Lovers of fine raiment and garb! forget not that one day you will wear the shroud of the grave;
Lovers of palaces and lofty mansions forget not that ditch where you ultimately lie in;
Lovers of fine food and drink forget not that you are to become the food of worms and maggots.
[Othman radi Allah anhu]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment