Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, October 24, 2014
Pearls of Wisdom 360
2. The best of people are those who, after being generous to people, seek generosity only from Allah. [Abu Hafs al Haddad]
3. He who remembers Allah with all his heart will find that everything other than Allah will leave his heart. [Yahya bin Mu'adh]
4. He who comes to the realization of his Lord after much contemplation and reflection will find easy increase in all of his other worships. [Yahya bin Mu'adh]
5. Wonder of wonders! How is it that the same people who leave food out of fear of sickness cannot leave sin out of fear of the Hereafter. [Yahya bin Mu'adh]
6. Everyone in the world is a guest, and his money is but a loan. The guest must go sooner of later and the loan must be returned. [Ibn Mus'ud radi Allah anhu]
7. What anxiety is there for the one who is detached from the world? And what need for excuses is there for the one who remains silent?
8. Wealth and poverty are Divine gifts -- Wealth is corrupted by forgetfulness/heedlessness, poverty by greed. [Al Qushayri]
9. It is false hope which expects forgiveness -- while knowingly persisting in sin. [Abdullah bin Khabeeq]
10. The true believer is he whose obedience to Allah and His messenger is as if he holds the Qur'an in one hand and the hadith in the other. [Shaykh al Jonayd]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment