Friday, June 07, 2013
After the Parents' death....
Often we realize the value of something only after it is gone. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in His Infinite Grace has provided for us a means to make amends even as late as after the person has already died. This hadith tells us how we can be dutiful to our parents after their death, thereby accruing rewards for both them and ourselves.
These ways are:
1. Praying salat-ul-janaza for them.
2. Praying to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) to forgive them.
3. If they had decided to do some religious good e.g. Hajj or nafl fasts or charitable work, then fulfilling it on their behalf.
4. Being kind to those relatives who are linked to us through them.
5. Honoring their friends.
6. Giving charity on their behalf.
Instead of wailing over our parents, if we truly love them then we should do as many good deeds as we possibly can. This is because we are sadaqa jaariya for our parents and they are rewarded for our righteous actions.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:33 PM