Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, June 03, 2011
Pearls of wisdom 310
1. Trust in God is that the heart lives with Allah Most High without other attachment.
2. Trust in God is the state of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and earning in his Sunna, whoever maintains his state will never abandon hisSunna.
3. There is no helper other than Allah, and there is no guide other than the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him).
4. There is no provision other than taqwa (piety), and there is no work other than perseverance in taqwa.
5. He who subdues his soul with correct behavior -- by following the commands of Allah, worships God sincerely.
6. Yaqeen (certainty) is a branch of faith, and it comes from abundance of faith and its inward realization.
7. Allah protects the heart of those who protect their limbs from wrong actions.
8. The carnal self (ego) is the real cause of all evil and the worst enemy for the seeker of God -- thus self mortification is indispensable for the attainment of spiritual discipline. [Above quotes by Shaykh Sahl bin Abdullah Tustari]