Friday, March 25, 2016
2. The time people spend in trying to impress others could be spend in doing the things by which others would be impressed.
3. Any person worth their salt will stick up for what they believe in, but it takes a slightly bigger person to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that they are in error.
4. Think of your own faults the first part of the night when you are awake, and the faults of others the latter part of the night when you are asleep.
5. Religion is an examination, a test, which distinguishes elevated spirits from base ones.
6. Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be.
7. You can tell more about a person by what they say about others than you can by what others say about them.
8. This world is a moment; fill it with obedience -- this life is only one opportunity.
9. To exist is to change; to change is to mature; to mature is to create oneself endlessly.
10. If you heed Satan and your self, you will fall to the lowest of the low. But if you heed Truth and the Quran, you will rise to the highest of the high and become the most excellent pattern of the universe.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:25 AM
Saturday, March 19, 2016
This is true on all levels. Regarding corrupt leaders this is true.
This is also true for marriage. Every person has the power of bringing out the best in their partner. Just try the time-tested formula of becoming the way you want them to be. What happens mostly is that instead of earning respect we expect respect or instead of giving love, we demand love.
Allah (Subhana wa ta’ala) only helps those who help themselves. Do not sit around and complain. Make an effort to become a better person yourself and bestow your partner with whatever you need, in order to witness the enchantment of getting all the things that you long for.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:43 AM
Saturday, March 12, 2016
What you have been promised is coming, for sure; and you cannot thwart it. Say, "O my people, work according to your ability; I myself am working. Then you will know who will end up home in paradise. It is certain that those who do wrong will not succeed. [6: 134,135]
Hadith of the day:
Allah does not look at your bodies nor your forms, but He looks at your hearts (intentions) and your actions. [Bukhari & Muslim]
Wise quote of the day:
Do not dispute with anyone in any matter as much as possible. For in argument lies much harm and its evil is greater than its benefit. [Imam al Ghazali]
Guidance of the day:
Contentment with God the Exalted is a noble state. He who is contented with God is he who is satisfied with His decrees. When He decrees for him that which runs against his desires and displeases him, such as injury to self or property, or hardship, difficulty, or affliction, he must accept it with contentment, neither being angry with God's decree, nor panicky, nor impatient, for God the Exalted has the right to do as He pleases in His kingdom and none may either dispute or object to His sovereignty.
Let the servant beware of "if only", "why"?, or "how"? Let him know that God the Exalted is wise and fair in all His acts and decisions, that He never decrees something for His believing servant, even if detestable to the latter, without there being good in it, for it will be good choice and have good consequences. Let him think well of his Lord, be contented with His decrees, return to Him with humility and neediness,stand before Him submissive and subdued, thank and praise Him in profusion, whether in times of ease or hardship, difficulty or affluence. All praise belongs to God, Lord of the worlds. [Counsels of Religion by Imam al-Haddad]
Food for thought:
He who angers you conquers you. If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size. For every minute you remain angry you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. Holding to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing at someone else, while you are the one who gets burned.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:06 AM
Monday, March 07, 2016
2. It is the virtuous and the seeker of virtue who finds the company of virtuous.
3. Contentment is a treasure of good living and ease in life, while greed is a mine of loss and abasement.
4. We must, like a painter, take time to stand back from our work, to be still, and thus see what's what -- true repose is standing back to survey the activities that fill our days.
5. Silence is one great art of conversation. According to the rule, "a fool should be answered with silence".
6. Every thing in this life has a purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
7. If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.
8. We "meet" God when we pray, when we are helpful and kind, when we overcome nasty habits, addictions, and pettiness in our lives.
9. Each time we choose to help others, our soul grows and flourishes.
10. Each day we are faced with opportunities to help others, to forgive them, to have compassion for them, to be tolerant of them. Do we seize these opportunities, or do we let them slip by?
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:44 AM